Thin Man Brewing and Cider Creek Hard Cider, two brands in high growth mode, are looking for a Sales Representative to increase the growth trajectory that both of our brands have experienced to date across the state of New York.
The ideal candidate will utilize their selling and communication skills to further build strong relationships in the field. We are looking for a candidate who can sell, service and maintain these relationships through passion and excellent customer service. The goal is to drive new distribution points, maintain existing accounts, and increase brand visibility and volume. It is expected that 90% of your time will be spent in the marketplace.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Establish regular contact and build relationships with key decision makers at key accounts with a focus on “pull through” not “force in” sales technique.
- Conduct sales calls to on and off-premise retailers with distributor level personnel, securing sales through new placements.
- Establish an action plan prior to visiting market, utilizing sales reps, VIP information and appropriate collateral/sales materials.
- Explain in detail, the company’s history, community involvement, respective beer and cider portfolios and short- and long-term vision. Explain the long-term growth and profit potential of the craft beer and cider industry, specifically Thin Man and Cider Creek.
- Provide distributor partners and key accounts with sales literature, technical assistance and sales training and education.
- Assist all distributor partners in promoting sales of the products, product launches, seasonal and brewery and cidery initiatives, helping build consumer acceptance of the products.
- Ensure premium position on all Thin Man Brewing and Cider Creek products.
- Manage distributor partner activity, including, but not limited to, program development and implementation, monthly and quarterly sales meetings, and promotional calendar development and execution.
- Coordinate planned sales and staff tastings/training.
- Conduct promotions at bars and restaurants, samplings at retail stores and brewery visits at retailers.
- Manage each event from beginning to end, in terms of support, POS, manpower, etc. ensuring Thin Man Brewing and Cider Creek the best possible image to the consumer.
- Coordinate planned on-site promotions during peak business hours and planned beer/cider dinners outside of normal promotions.
- Ensure the distributor’s inventories and retail trade are rotated properly and are in code.
- Ensure proper use of available point of sales items throughout the territory.
- Be familiar with draft system dynamics and have the ability to troubleshoot when necessary.
- Perform ongoing quality control of beer outside of the brewery. The ability to spot poor beer rotation, dated or damaged product, proper line cleaning protocols, and evaluation of overall draft system performance is crucial.
- Responsible for maintaining, repairing and cleaning of Thin Man and Cider Creek’s draft equipment used at marketing events or off-site promotions.
- Ability and willingness to maintain flexible work schedules. Frequent travel, weekend and extended workdays are necessary.
- The ability to drive a motor vehicle to and from accounts continuously.
- Complete and submit weekly and monthly market visit recaps and reports, quarterly goals and expense reports.
- Attend all company meetings, as requested.
- Additional duties may be assigned as necessary.
Skills and Abilities:
- Must be self-motivated and have strong leadership skills.
- Excellent oral, analytical, written, and group presentation communication skills.
- This position also requires strong organizational, planning skills, excellent time management skills as well as very strong problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated ability to build relationships and maintain effective working relationships with distributors, top-level account decision makers, and all internal stakeholders.
- Candidates must have flexible schedule and able to work nights & weekends.
- Candidates must have a clean driving record with no restrictions and a reliable source of transportation.
- Candidates must be proficient in MS Office software including Excel and Word.
- A college education not required, but preferred. Sales experience not required but preferred.
- Ability to frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 55 lbs.
Compensation, Expenses and Benefits:
- The individual will be a contractor of both Thin Man Brewing and Cider Creek Hard Cider.
- Compensation competitive for the industry and will be based upon experience.
- Monthly Health benefit stipend
- Monthly Expense reimbursement stipend
Interested candidate should email resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org